This simple recipe for cabbage, carrot, bell pepper, and tomato soup is easy and quick to cook for lunch or dinner. It’s healthy, low-calorie, and suitable for vegetarians. It’s a lifesaver on hot summer days when you crave something light and don’t want to spend too much time by the stove. You can serve it both hot and cold, garnished with fresh herbs. Enjoy your meal!
⏱ 45 minutes
🍽 6 servings
🍵 89 kCal
* Cabbage – 14 oz | 400 g
* Carrot – 5 oz | 150 g
* Onion – 5 oz | 150 g
* Bell pepper – 3,5 oz | 100 g
* Celery – 2 oz | 50 g
* Chopped tomatoes – 14,5 oz | 400 g
* Water – 1L
* Soy sauce – 1,5 tbsp
* Garlic – 1 clove
* Dried oregano – ½ tsp
* Dried paprika – 1 tsp
* 1 Bay leaf
* Ground black pepper – to taste
* Salt – to taste
✔︎ You will need:
* Carving board
1. Cut the cabbage into pieces about 2-3 cm thick, finely chop the onion, celery, carrot, and sweet pepper, and mince the garlic.
2. Place the vegetables in a pot, add chopped tomatoes, soy sauce, paprika, oregano, ground black pepper to taste, pour in hot water, bring to a boil, stir, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, salt to taste, stir, add the bay leaf, and cook for an additional 5 minutes under the lid.
5. Then, remove the bay leaf, turn off the stove, and let it steep. Serve the soup, optionally garnished with fresh herbs. Enjoy!
1. You can replace water with meat, chicken, vegetable, or mushroom broth.
2. For a creamy flavor, you can add sour cream, natural yogurt, or cream cheese while cooking or when serving.
3. You can replace or omit certain vegetables. Cubed zucchini or eggplant will add extra texture and flavor to the soup.
4. Use spices and salt according to taste.
#cabbagesoup #dietsoup #dietrecipe