Let’s make some Moin-Moin a.k.a beans pudding. This recipe always brings back Childhood memories as it was our known meal every Saturday Evening.
I remember how everyone looked in anticipation for Saturdays because it was Moin-Moin day.
Fastforward to now, i love incorporating it into our Meal Plans every once in a while.
• 2 cups brown beans
• 1 large onion
• 1 large red bell pepper
• 1 small hot pepper
•1/2 cup crayfish (This will bring out the perfect taste for the Moin-Moin
• Olive oil
• Seasoning to taste ( I love adobo seasoning, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, knorr cube and seasoned salt)
• 7 large eggs
1. In a blender, add your beans, water and pulse on a sec interval to perfectly peel the back of the beans without blending it.
I find this to be the easiest way to peel your beans if not, you’d spend over 1hr peeling it by hand.
2. Once the back is gone, blend your beans in a smoothie consistency. We want it to be very fine without any roughness.
3. Then add 1tbs olive oil & mix thoroughly.
4. Add all the other seasonings and mix
5. Then use small porcelain bowls to portion the Moin-Moin making sure you leave a space because it can rise by 1/2 inch
6. Add your eggs, add small cooking water to a pot and cook on high for 30-45mins or until done. Make sure to keep an eye on the pot so the water don’t dry up unexpectedly.
You can use the toothpick method to ensure it’s completely cooked.
#recipe #beans #easyrecipe #simplerecipe #beansrecipe #moinmoinrecipe #kitchenofinstagram #easyrecipes #yummyummy #cookwithlove #cookwithme #eatingfortheinsta #cookingforthefamily #cookingathome #cookingvideos #beanspudding #nigerianmoinmoin