Paprika chicken drumsticks are oven baked with a smoky paprika spice blend until tender and succulent. This incredible flavored chicken is perfect for busy weeknights, and comfort food that the whole family will love.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Servings: 8 drumsticks
8 chicken drumsticks or use chicken thighs with or without bones (I prefer chicken with skin on)
2 tablespoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
½ teaspoon salt (as needed)
1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 teaspoon brown sugar
¼ cup olive oil
Parsley for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Grease a 9×13 baking pan with olive oil, and set aside.
2. To make the spice blend mix together smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, red chili flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, freshly ground pepper, and salt. Set aside.
3. Pat dry chicken with a kitchen paper towel. Place chicken drumsticks in a zip-lock bag. Pour freshly squeezed lemon juice and olive oil over the chicken.
4. Sprinkle as much paprika spice blend as you like, I used the whole lot that I made for this recipe.
5. Close the zip-lock bag and rub the chicken to evenly coat in the spice rub. Let chicken rest for 15-20 minutes in the refrigerator, while the oven pre-heats.
6. Arrange paprika chicken on a greased baking pan. Drizzle leftover olive oil over the chicken.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 425F for 45 minutes. Remember to flip chicken drumsticks once in between the baking time, and baste with juices left in the baking pan (or with olive oil).
8. Bake chicken until it’s golden brown and cooked through.
9. Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest in the pan for 5 minutes. Baste chicken again with leftover juices from the pan.
10. Serve garnished with fresh parsley.
DETAILED RECIPE : https://www.currytrail.in/baked-paprika-chicken/