Made with a combination of spices that harken to the classic dish of Shakshouka, this cod dish is a one-dish wonder! A base layer of fresh and canned tomatoes is combined with onions and garlic to create a flavorful underlayment for the flaky, fresh cod. Topped with cilantro and some fresh lemon, the end result is bright and appetizing!
PRINT the recipe: https://bit.ly/36WwMy0
SUBSCRIBE for more great videos! http://bit.ly/WyseGuide
Like my page on Facebook: http://bit.ly/WyseGuideFB
Visit my website: https://www.wyseguide.com/
Check me out on Instagram: http://bit.ly/WyseGuideIG
0:27 Getting the onions ready
1:52 Adding the garlic and red peppers
3:34 Adding the spices
4:35 Adding the tomatoes
6:00 Adding the cod
7:06 Tasting the finished dish
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 medium onion, sliced
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 whole roasted red pepper, drained and diced
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 1/2 tsp paprika
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
– 1 14-oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
– 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
– 4 cod filets
– Heat the oil in a 12-inch over medium. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and salt. Sauté until the onion is softened and beginning to turn golden brown, 4-6 minutes.
– Add the roasted red peppers and garlic. Sauté until the garlic is fragrant, 1 minute.
– Add the paprika, cumin, and red pepper flakes. Allow the spices to warm in the hot oil for 30 seconds.
– Pour in the canned tomatoes, 1/2 cup water, and prepared grape tomatoes. Cover and simmer until the tomatoes break down, 8-10 minutes.
– Once the tomato sauce has cooked, add the cod filets by nestling them into the sauce. Cover and simmer until the cod reaches 145°F, 12-15 minutes. In the last 5 minutes, remove the lid to reduce the sauce slightly.
– Serve immediately with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, chopped cilantro, and crumbled feta, if desired.
#cod #lent #dinner #onepan #onedish