Thanks for watching Its Only Food w/Chef John Politte. In this video we are showing you how to make Hungarian Mushroom Soup. Here is the recipe:
• 4 Tablespoons butter
• 2 small onions-diced
• 1-pound of sliced mushrooms
• 2 teaspoons dill weed
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
• 1 Tablespoon fresh minced garlic
• Juice from ½ lemon
• 2 ½ cups chicken stock
• 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
• 4 Tablespoons AP flour
• 1 cup milk
1. Melt butter in a large Dutch oven or pot. Add the diced onions and sauté.
2. Once the onions have become fragrant, add the mushrooms, and cook down until the mushrooms are soft and halved in volume
3. Add the dill weed, thyme, garlic, and paprika, stir well, then add the lemon juice and stir again, and let cook for about 2 minutes.
4. Add the flour little by little until a roux forms, cook the roux for about 2 minutes.
5. Add the soy sauce and milk, and stir, continuing to cook.
6. Add the chicken stock and using a whip, mix the soup until it begins to thicken.
7. Lower the heat to medium and simmer the soup for about 10 minutes.
8. Garnish with sour cream and fresh parsley.
Makes about 4-6 servings. Serving sizes vary
👇 MY GROOVY LINKS 👇
TO SHOP FOR ALL OF MY GOURMET SEASONING BLENDS, READ MY FOOD BLOG, BROWSE MY PORTFOLIO OF CULINARY STILL LIFE, OR TO CHECK OUT MY COOKBOOK, HEAD OVER TO MY WEBSITE
CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL THE GEAR AND GOODIES I USE FOR THE SHOW
SIGN UP FOR 3 FREE MONTHS OF AMAZON MUSIC
ORDER THE TOP-SECRET RECIPES COOKBOOK
DELICIOUS DIABETES COOKBOOK
CREATE INCREDIBLE THUMBNAILS
STALK ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chefpolitte/
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chefpolitte/
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-politte-cdm-cfpp-3976ba84/
DISCLAIMER: This video and description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I will receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows us to continue to make videos like this. Thank you for the support!
Music from YouTube Audio Library
“Soul Kitchen” by BADLUCK
“Strut Funk” by DOUGIE WOOD
“Slow Times are Here” by Midnight North
#Hungarianmushroomsoup #mushroomsoup #souprecipes