They are so many ways to make a good goulash. Is like you can’t go wrong with it. Any slow-cook recipe is so delicious. Goulash was a poor man dish, made with leftover and slow cook together but now becomes loved by many people including me.
Hungarian goulash is well known for its spiciness. Hungarian paprika and cumin its a must for this recipe.
This is my way of Hungarian Goulash.
Before we start the recipe, you can find me now on
Now let’s start.
Ingredients for 4 serves
1.1lb or 500g veal or beef
2 onions diced
2 garlic cloves diced
1tbsp Hungarian Paprika
1/2tbsp smoked paprika
1tbsp of cumin
1/2cup white wine
1 tin can of high-quality Tomates
1 used around 4cups of water
salt and paper to taste
around 6 tbsp of flour
1. In an ovenproof pot add some oil and sealed the beef cuts. 20 -30 seconds for each part.
2. We remove the meat from the pan and in the same oil, we add the diced onion with garlic and condiments and we cook few minutes.
3. We add half a cup of white wine to deglaze the bottom of the pan.
4. Bring back the meat in and add the can of tomatoes. We don’t wanna lose anything so I fill up the can with water and to the pan with all the tomato flavor.
5. Add more water if need it, goulash will lose water in the oven by half.
6. When it starts to simmer is time to put it into the oven for 2h at 356°F or 180°C
Meanwhile, let’s make the dumpling
1. Beat the eggs with salt and flour until we form a soft dough.
2. Form the small dumplings and cook them in boiling water for about 10 minutes.