How to Make Chicken Paprikash. This is an easy Hungarian stew made of chicken that is cooked in paprika sauce.
Chicken Paprikash Ingredients:
– 6 pieces of chicken thighs. Any part of chicken can be used for this paprikash recipe.
– 2 tbsp of smoked paprika powder and 1 tbsp of regular paprika powder.
– 1 cup of chopped onions
– 3 minced garlic cloves.
– 1 small green bell pepper (chopped).
– 1/2 tsp of black pepper
– 1/2 tsp of salt.
– 2 tbsp of lard.
– 1 and 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
– 2 tbsp of tomato paste. You can also use fresh tomatoes.
– 1 cup of sour cream.
– 1 and 1/2 tbsp of plain flour – for thickening the stew.
How to Make Chicken Paprikash at Home:
– Season the chicken with 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of black pepper powder.
– Place a cast iron skillet on the stovetop and add 2 tbsp of lard or butter.
– Once the fat has melted, bring in the seasoned chicken and pan sear on both sides for 4 minutes.
– Remove the seared chicken and add the chopped onions into the skillet. Saute the onions for 2 minutes.
– Add the minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds and then add the chopped green bell peppers and tomato paste. Stir together and cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
– Add the paprika powder, 1/4 tsp of salt, and 1/4 tsp of black pepper powder. Stir to combine.
– Add the chicken broth and stir to combine.
– Bring in the seared chicken, cover, and cook for 40 minutes.
– After 40 minutes, remove the chicken and turn off the heat.
– Now, thicken the chicken paprikash stew with a mixture of sour cream, plain flour, and a little amount of water. Mix to combine and pour the sour cream mixture into the paprika sauce.
– Stir the cream and flour mixture to combine with the sauce and then bring back the chicken. Turn the heat back on, cover, and cook for about 10 minutes; and your delicious homemade Hungarian chicken paprikash stew is ready.
You can enjoy it with some egg noodles, pasta, or boiled rice.
#chickenpaprikash #chickenrecipes #chicken #paprikachicken #cooking #recipes #easyrecipes #foodrecipes #paprikash