Serves: 6 – 8
6 Bell Peppers, cored out (Red, Yellow or Green)
2 lbs. Ground Beef, CAB is recommended
1 cup White Rice
1 cup White Onion, brunoise
2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
3 Tbsp. Hungarian Paprika, Hot or Sweet
As Needed Salt & Pepper
64 oz. Tomato Juice
2 cups Sour Cream
1. Sauté the onions and garlic over medium heat. Cook until onions are translucent. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
2. Wash the peppers under cold water. Cut the stem off and core out the pepper removing all seeds and insides.
3. In a large bowl mix the meat, rice, onions and garlic.
4. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Mix well.
5. Stuff the peppers with the meat filling. Once filled stand the pepper in the pot and continue until all peppers are filled. Any leftover meat should be made into “porcupine balls”, meat balls and placed into the pot as well.
6. Add tomato juice (just enough to cover the peppers), season with salt & pepper.
7. Pot on the stove with medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook until the rice is done.
8. Remove the peppers and porcupine balls and set aside.
9. To finish the sauce, add sour cream and puree with an immersion blender until smooth. Simmer until desired consistency is reached, adjust seasonings, and serve.