SWEET GARLIC BUTTERED SHRIMPS
• 9 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
• 1 kilo medium shrimp
• sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
• 6 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 habanero chilli, chopped
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1/4 cup chicken stock
• juice of 6 kalamansi, or more, to taste
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
• 1 tablespoon Spanish paprika
• 2 tablespoon brown sugar
4 tablespoons tomato sauce
3 tablespoons light soy sauce
1. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large wok over medium high heat. Add shrimp, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
2. Sauté the garlic in wok, add chilli, onion and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in paprika, chicken stock, brown sugar and kalamasi juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in remaining 6 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until melted and smooth. add tomato sauce
3. Stir in shrimp and gently toss to combine.
4. Serve immediately, garnished with basil leaves. Enjoy the sweetness and spicy taste of sweet garlic buttered shrimps.