You are going to love this easy SHRIMP AND GRITS recipe with GOUDA CHEESE AND ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE! It’s really easy to make and doesn’t take a lot of time. The smoky gouda cheese added to the grits gives it a wonderful flavor. Add some andouille sausage with the shrimp for a little kick. ENJOY!
RECIPE: Serves 2-4
4 cups of chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
1 cup uncooked quick-grits (not instant)
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
3 tbsp butter
Sprinkle of Smoked Paprika
1 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
1 cup shredded monteray jack cheese
3 slices of bacon
1 pound of shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 large white onion chopped
1/2 large green bell pepper chopped
2 cloves of garlic chopped
2 links of Andouille Sausage
1/4 cup of fresh chopped parsley for garnish
1. Peel the shell off of the shrimp and devein. In a bowl, mix the raw shrimp with the olive oil, lemon juice and Old Bay seasoning. Set aside.
2. Bring chicken broth to a boil and slowly stir in the grits. Reduce heat to medium-medium low. Add the black pepper and paprika. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Then stir in the butter, and cheese until all is mixed and melted together. Cover pan with lid and set aside.
3. In a skillet, fry the chopped bacon until done. Scoop bacon out of pan and set aside.
4. In the same skillet with the bacon grease, add the cut up andouille sausage and stir.
5. Add the chopped garlic, onions and bell peppers and let cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add the shrimp, stir and let cook for about 10 minutes or until shrimp is done. It will be a nice white/pink color.
7. Spoon grits onto a serving plate or shallow bowl. Top with the shrimp and sausage mixture. Top with some crumbled bacon and fresh parsley and serve. ENJOY!
Thank you for visiting my kitchen! I appreciate your support.
I upload videos twice a week. Please SUBSCRIBE and CLICK the BELL so you don’t miss my next easy and tasty recipe! Thanks for watching! Follow me… https://www.facebook.com/cathycoatslive