Chris Baber’s super-creamy paprika pork, made with M&S Select Farms outdoor-bred British pork and served with fluffy rice and plenty of veggies, is an off-the-scale delicious family dinner. Pick up all the top-quality M&S ingredients you need to make it in store for £12.
To discover more of chef Chris Baber’s delicious (and wallet-friendly) family-favourite recipes, click here: https://www.marksandspencer.com/c/food-to-order/chris-baber/feed-your-family
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Ingredients (serves 4)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 M&S outdoor-bred pork loin steaks, cut into thin strips
1 onion, sliced
2 mixed-colour peppers, sliced into 1cm strips
300g white mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp smoked paprika
300ml hot chicken stock, made with 1 stock cube
2-4 tbsp soured cream
Small bunch parsley, chopped (optional)
400g white rice
1. Heat a splash of olive oil a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat.
2. Add the pork strips, season with salt and pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes until slightly caramelised. Remove the pork strips from the pan and set aside.
3. Place the pan back on the heat, add a little more oil if needed and stir-fry the onions and peppers for 3 minutes. Next, add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes until soft.
4. Return the pork to the pan, then sprinkle in the smoked paprika, ensuring the pork and veg are evenly coated. Stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
5. Add the stock, reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
6. Stir in the soured cream, simmer for 1 minute then add chopped parsley, if you are using it.
7. Cook the rice according to packet instructions and serve with the creamy paprika pork.