ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS SLUDGE RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME, SLUDGE IS MY HIGHER POWER, SLUDGE IS MY NORTH STAR, SLUDGE IS IN MY BLOOD! I LOVE YOU SLUDGE! THIS WEEK ON JUST A DASH WE MAKE CINCINNATI CHILI ON SPAGHETTI WITH A VERY SPECIAL GUEST! STRAP IN FOR A SLUDGY HALLOWEEN!
1 stalk celery, roughly chopped
1 red long pepper, roughly chopped
¼ green pepper, roughly chopped
1 white onion
3 cloves of garlic, smashed
¼ cup olive oil, divided
1 ½ tsp cayenne
1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp Mexican chili powder
1 tsp oregano
1 ½ tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp tomato paste
50g dark chocolate, finely chopped
1 796 mL can crushed tomato
1L beef stock
2 lb ground beef
500g cooked spaghetti noodles
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1. Place celery, peppers, half the onion, garlic and half the olive oil in a food processor. Blend until a smooth paste forms.
2. Heat mixture in a large pot over medium then add the remaining olive oil. Continue to cook mixture until fragrant, about 10 minutes
3. Add in cayenne, paprika, chili powder, oregano, coriander, cumin, cinnamon and stir.
4. Add in tomato paste, chocolate, crushed tomatoes and beef stock. Stir to combine.
5. Add in ground beef. Breaking it up with a wooden spoon as you stir.
6. Simmer until beef is cooked and mixture has reduced and become sludgy, about 1 hour.
7. Season with salt
8. Finely dice the remaining onion half.
9. Place spaghetti on a plate, ladle chili over noodles then sprinkle with onion and top with cheddar cheese.
10. Do a big clean up.