• 2tablespoons butter
• 2tablespoons olive oil
• 1large onion, diced
• 1 1⁄2tablespoons Hungarian paprika
• 6large potatoes, diced 3/4 inch (waxy type)
• 1small green pepper, diced
• 1large tomatoes, peeled and diced
• salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter and olive oil together.
2. Sauté the onions for 5 minutes.
3. Put all of the rest of the ingredients into the pot, just barely covering the potatoes with water.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
5. Avoid stirring as much as you can to keep the potatoes from breaking apart.
6. Cook for 30 minutes or until tender.
Toni Tipton-Martin shares the story of Hungarian immigrants in Cleveland. Get the recipe for Chicken Paprikash: https://cooks.io/3tK26J3 Get the recipe for Buttered Spaetzle: https://cooks.io/3mZ3ZOq Buy our winning Wooden Spoon: https://cooks.io/3LNVaBn Buy our...