Infused water is such a fun way to stay hydrated all day long!
Whether you fall into the, “I don’t like the way water tastes,” or the, “I forget to drink enough water,” category, infused water is a great solution for both of those challenges.
Water doesn’t have a strong taste, making it easy to forget to drink or simply dislike. Sometimes even when we love water, it can start to get a little boring sometimes. Making flavored water at home allows you to have fun and experiment with different combinations!
I’m giving you a few of my favorite infused water recipes as well as a guide for how to create your own combinations and put it all together to get the most flavor.
Homemade Infused Water vs. Store-Bought Vitamin Water
Drinking “natural” waters, infused with “fruit” and “vitamins,” can be a common solution for anyone who hates the taste of water or forgets to drink it throughout the day.
Unfortunately, many of those store-bought vitamin waters include a variety of preservatives, artificial sweeteners, added vitamins/minerals, artificial colorings (Red 40, Blue 1), sodium, sucralose, sucrose, dextrose, high fructose corn syrup, and refined sugar.
Instead, making your own keeps those ingredients out of the recipe and saves money on not needing those expensive drinks.
How To Store Your Infused Water
They’re best kept in the refrigerator for up to a week or until the flavor is no longer present, in which case you may simply add more infusions.
21 Infused Water Recipes to Try
Each of these variations is so tasty! You can either use what you have on hand (such a great way to reduce food waste!) or you can pick your favorites to make on repeat.
Don’t forget to check out the directions down below to learn how to get the best flavor out of your simply infused water.
- Grapefruit + sage/rosemary/mint/basil
- Lemon + mint/cilantro/basil
- Lime + lemon + cilantro
- Lemon + ginger
- Meyer lemon + tangerine + pear + hot green pepper + cilantro
- Lemon + orange + ginger
- Blood orange + ginger + basil
- Lemon + Cucumber + lime + mint/basil
- Cucumber + grapefruit + sage/rosemary
- Watermelon + Cucumber + mint
- Carrots + apple + lemon + ginger
- Carrots + pomegranate + sage
- Honeydew + cantaloupe + watermelon + sage/mint
- Watermelon + mint/rosemary/basil
- Cantaloupe + blood orange + lemon
- Pear + rosemary/sage
- Banana + nectarine + basil
- Blackberries + raspberries + strawberries + mint
- Strawberries + grapefruit + sage
- Apple + plum + blueberries + mint/sage
- Cherries + lime + mint